{Pinterest} Recipes

One thing I have learned during my time using the Pinterest website – I am a visual person.  Duh!  OK, so I already knew that, but one of my favorite boards is my Recipes board.  Just having pictures only a glance away makes trying new recipes easy-peasy.  Here’s a few news ones that I have tried – and liked – recently.

Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad


The creaminess of the dressing was uber-yummy (sour cream makes everything yummy, doesn’t it?) and I do love a good dinner salad.  (Kinda like a good sandwich for dinner.)  I used the prescribed amount of chipotle pepper (just a bit) but the dressing definitely had a kick; I wouldn’t serve it to people or kids who are spice sensitive.  I think this would be really good tossed with the Café Rio dressing too.   

Man-Pleasing Chicken

Well, I think this pleased my man, ha ha ha!  The combination of Dijon mustard and maple syrup was fabulous (I also love rosemary), and finding another way to cook chicken pieces (which seem to be universally on sale) was awesome.  I can never have too many of those.    

Mongolian Beef

I made this for dinner one night, accompanied by scallion pancakes and it was to die for.  Seriously, it was so tasty I licked my bowl (I really did!)  And the recipe couldn’t be easier to make.  I used a cut of beef tenderloin because that’s what I had on hand, but I think it would be good with just about any type of beef you had on hand.  Definitely a keeper!

Enchilada Sauce

One night I wanted to throw some enchiladas together, but didn’t have any enchilada sauce on hand.  In this day and age of finding anything I need on the Internet, I just hopped on and started digging around.  I ended up with this recipe, which I threw together and used with stuffed tortillas that night.  It worked beautifully.  No need to buy canned enchilada sauce anymore!

No comments: