Christmas Decorations

Well, being sick over Thanksgiving put a crimp in my decorating schedule, but we have been up and running for awhile and I am finally getting the photos uploaded for you.  I was proud of myself for not starting any major new decorating projects, just a few tweaks here and there.  So here's a tour:

Our Christmas Tree
Our Christmas tree looks dinky in our new place.  I am sure I thought this last year, but this year I put the tree in the front room window and removed the couch.  The room feels huge and thus the tree feels so little.

I let the girls decorate it and all the ornaments were only on the bottom half. Ha! So after they went to bed I went through and evened everything out. They never even noticed.  I decided to keep the ornaments fun this year.  Most are some felt and wooden ones I picked up at Target a few years back, with some homemade and non-breakable keepsakes thrown in.  This way I am not worrying about the girls getting a little handsy with them.  The colors are fun and make me happy.  The star on top I picked up at a thrift store last year.

Piano-scape
The piano ended up a little sparse and that's fine with me.  I would rather have a little something than too much of something.  I had two fake evergreens and added a live poinsetta in the middle.  The "Hallelujah" sign was inspired from Lemonade Makin' Mama via Pinterest.  I love my big frame and the family photos in it so instead of using chalkboard paint I bought a black mat in the framing section at Hobby Lobby then painted "Hallelujah" on with white craft paint.
 


Christmas chair love
I threw my freezer-paper stencilled "noel" pillow and beautiful pillow cover from my friend Lisa on the chair in the front room for some added Christmas flair.


Christmas card holder


I put our Christmas card holder in the hallway and it is the first thing past the front room with the Christmas tree.  The girls and I love to see all of our friends and family throughout the day.


I have an entertainment center this year to deck out, yeah!  I put garland, sparkly red ribbon and lights along the top and seeing the glow makes me so happy.


I changed out the vignettes from autumn but left the overall layout of bins, books, etc.  One space has a small fake evergreen and a cheese cover-turned-cloche (garage sale find) filled with red ornaments.


For the other Christmas vignette I put pinecones in a large vase (we gathered them ourselves in the mountains this fall), a small stone Santa, and a glass jar filled with peppermint candies.  I got the jar at a garage sale this summer and the peppermints were leftover from Rachel's baby shower last January (all the candies were individually wrapped so I just threw them into the Christmas bins when the party was over).


Hands down my favorite decoration this year: my own Rudolph, courtesy of a red pom-pom attached to my deer canvas in the living room.

And a few final touches:

A special message on our chalkboard
Stockings hung with care

Keep Calm and Merry On

A little Christmas bling by the kitchen sink

So there you have it, our little slice of Christmas.  I pinned several other really great ideas to my Christmas board on Pinterest, so I already have a head start for next year!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Great decorating! I really like everything you did with your entertainment center. I think your faux chalkboard was a great idea! Love the bright red "keep calm" poster. Everything looks really festive!

Jennifer B said...

Loving how cozy everything feels. Not overdone but just right. Love it.