These are seriously good! Or as they say in the South, these are seriously good y’all! (I decided to address you in the Southern fashion since this recipe comes to us courtesy of Southern Living; it’s only right.)
The morning I made these for breakfast, the girls were in heaven. They were such a hit I brought them to the last day of Bible Study to share at brunch. And now that I’m typing this I realize I have strawberries in the fridge right now. Hmmm…. I think some are destined to be turning into muffins.
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh strawberries
2. Stir together sour cream and next 4 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold strawberries into batter. Spoon batter into lightly greased 12-cup muffin pans, filling three-fourths full. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar over batter.
3. Bake at 400° for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 1 minute; remove from pans to wire rack, and cool 10 minutes.