Ava’ New Quilt

Remember when I hinted at some new projects and showed you a sneak peek of the fabrics?  It was only March, right?  Ha ha ha!

006
Well, I finished up one of them.  Finally.

Ava’s baby quilt had fallen apart. 


(Look at her back in the day, she’s little!)

There are holes so big in it that she puts her arms and legs through them, so I knew it was time to take action.  I asked her if she wanted a new baby quilt and she was really enthusiastic.  Even more so when I told her she could help me pick out the fabric.

This pattern/picture was my jumping off point:


I love the chevron pattern, and the gray and yellow color combo.  When we went to the fabric store I found a gorgeous bright yellow flannel print for the back (it was soft, Ava loved it) but in the end I just couldn’t find a gray I liked.  So we went with a light blue cotton print, which was beautiful – and, oddly enough, her last baby quilt color palette.  Go figure.

TA-DA!

001002003
Isn’t it pretty?  I doubled up on the batting to make it extra fluffy, used a walking foot to machine quilt along the chevron design, and bound it using extra backing fabric.  Ava’s one request was that it would be bigger than her – and she loves it!

014
Can you tell she loves it?

No comments: