{Pinterest} Parenting Edition


I don’t have any sort of “Parenting” board or anything on Pinterest, but I usually “like” a pin to bookmark it, and then I will go back and read it when I have time.  Here are a few things I have been reading, in case you are interested:



This is a wonderful list, full of great chapter books that are appropriate for me to read to my girls.  As I perused the list I felt very humbled.  I think I have read one (that’s right, ONE) series – The Little House on the Prairie.  Man, I have some catching up to do!

Favorite Books for Girls

Yet another list of wonderful books that I am woefully behind on introducing my girls to.  (We did read a couple from the 3-year old list, so maybe I’m not as behind as I thought.)

Chore Ideas for Toddlers and Preschoolers

Not only did this blogger’s post have a great write-up, I got so many other wonderful ideas from reading other mommy comments (as well as solicited advice via my friend on Facebook).
I am actually going to use the bulk of ideas not for everyday use, but for special “extra work”/punishment-type activities.  I wrote out the chores on large popsicle sticks and if one of the girls needs a punishment, I have them draw a stick.

A Better Bedtime

This author’s idea – to let the children decide their own bedtime – was a shocking idea to me at first glance, but as I read the article I realized that it is in essence what I already do with the two older girls, with a few tweaks.  It has some good ideas and I might try and start doing them with Piper (because she comes out of her room all of the time after we put her to bed.  We’ll see…

31 Biblical Virtues to Pray For Your Children

I came across this pin via my Bible Study friend Stephanie.  I love it!   I have been wanting to keep some sort of framed printable on Emma’s nightstand, so that at night, as I am nursing and rocking Emma to sleep I can focus my quiet time with the Lord.  I think this will be a big help (along with several of Stormie O’Martin’s references.)

No comments: