Crunchy Dijon Salmon



Crunchy Dijon Salmon
(from Cooking Light)

6 (4 oz) salmon fillets
In the past I have always used fresh salmon from the grocery store, but this time I thawed out some salmon which I had gotten on sale and frozen.  It tasted just the same, so I learned I am no longer scared of frozen salmon.

salt and pepper to taste

3 T. whole grain Dijon mustard
I used some old Sweet Hot Mustard that was in a little Hickory Farms container and I had been wondering what the heck to do with it for over a year!)

1/2 c. panko crumbs

Preheat oven to 450. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper; spread mustard over tops and sides of each fillet. Press breadcrumbs onto each fillet. Place fillets on a lightly greased wire rack on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.

Verdict: Super yummy and easy easy easy!  Preparation takes 5 minutes, so dinner in under 30 minutes.  I like that!


1 comment:

Nancy Aingworth said...

What a cool craft idea! It looks lovely over your fireplace. Salmon sounds yummy, too!