Sick Days

Just when I thought Lily was on track to sleeping through the night - she gets sick! With a fever of 102.2, then down to 101.8 after an hour and Tylenol on Wednesday I called the nurse and they said to bring her in. Of course her temperature was normal at the doctor's office. OF COURSE! However, that night it shot back up and stayed there until Friday morning (hovering between 104.6 and 101.8), when I took her back in to the doctor. I had tracked her temp for the last 48 hours and when I had taken her temperature that morning, it was still high However when we got to the doctor's - you guessed it - 99.2. I cried. Seriously, I cried in the exam room in front of the doctor, who was ever so kind and offered to take a urine sample to see if anything was wrong on that front. I gratefully agreed, not being able to face to alternative - being sent home AGAIN with a baby who has a consistent high fever but we "can't find anything wrong" answer.

In the end the urine test came back negative and her fever broke on Sunday. Yeah! However, Elliott and I caught a little something, both of us with lots of aches and yuckiness, while I picked up an extra dose of stomach flu. Lovely! Ava seems to have fared better than us all with no signs of sickness, just alot of two-year old whininess (which Elliott would like to believe was caused by sickness but I trust to just be her whiny personality in general of late).

Hopefully I will be able to post pictures of our new van soon (yes, we have it and we love it!), when I start to feel better and life returns to normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I hope everyone will be better soon for a fun ride to my house to show off the new van:) Let me know if there's anything you need!