P*T*L Moment

On the way to Bible Study this morning we passed a cemetery.  Which caused Lily to ask “what’s that?”  which led to even more questions, etcetera, etcetera.  So in the end we had a discussion about how when we get to heaven we will have a new body, that we die because our body on Earth gets worn out or sick and we have something to look forward to, not be scared of. 

As I was listing off things that would NOT be in heaven – including sickness, germs, pain – Ava piped up “like the song we sang in church on Sunday” (she sat with me through adult worship).  Yes, Ava, YES!  The song in question is You Hold Me Now by Hillsong.  Part of it says this:

No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering You hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness no sick or lame
No hiding You hold me now,
You hold me now

Thank you Jesus that Ava heard that and took it to heart.

PTL – Praise the Lord.

1 comment:

Tracy Lindley said...

Thanks for sharing such a personal update, Sis. It's beautiful to hear how a routine trip around town turned into a spiritual discussion between you and the ones you love the most--your own kids. It's also really encouraging to hear that Ava is paying attention to the words of this worship song and remembering them. Sometimes I wonder if Levi is getting anything at all out of church (he goes to "big church" with us") but I believe the music/lyrics can have the most impact on little ones and it's good to know that yours is listening and pondering these truths. SO cool!