Dyeing Easter Eggs

I’ve been putting it off, I admit it.  Dyeing eggs with a 5, 4 and 2 year old?   I thought it might be better to do something, anything else.  But since I bought this….

012
… last year, I was out of excuses.  Lily and Ava also dyed one at preschool, so I thought they had had a dry run already.  What can it hurt to try?

013
I tried the tip I had pinned about putting eggs in a whisk to dip then in the dye.

014
I made separate glasses for each of the colors and allotted the girls four eggs each.  They could choose the colors and the décor.

015
It actually worked pretty well, except apparently I have larger whisks (who knew?) and most of the time the egg stuck out of the top of the glass, which doesn’t do us any good.

016
In the end, it worked better for me to drop them gently into the glass then fish them out with tongs.

017
Didn’t they do well?  Such pretty colors!   After dyeing them they also applied egg wraps and stickers, but I forgot to take pictures of that.  I do love the bright colors though.

018
I didn’t lay down newspaper (as recommended) but did hover with a washcloth for any drips. However, everything went very smoothly and I think I can safely say we are all looking forward to doing it again next year.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You are officially WAY more ambitious than me and I applaud you for it, Sis. The eggs look great, though, and I can tell the girls are quite proud of their handiwork. I did make some fingerpaints yesterday, but unfortunately the goo apparently cooked too long and set up like Jello Jigglers. Eh...at least we're not afraid of messes!