- I simply can’t put more than one stick of butter in a recipe. It just seems like too much fat otherwise. Although I have no problem eating food with more than one stick of butter.
- I hate when people spell words with a “K” rather than how they are supposed to be spelled with a “C”. Examples: kreative, krazy, skool.
- I like to get the mail first and I get really annoyed if anyone else reads my mail first, like flipping through my magazines.
- I sleep with earplugs. I used to have to sleep with a fan on, so I think this is an improvement. I also can hear the first cry from children even through the earplugs. Elliott, who doesn’t sleep with them, won’t wake up until after 20 minutes of crying.
- I have to make the bed before I can get into it. If it’s midnight, I will still make it – and then get into bed. Nice smooth sheets. Ahhhhh!
- My least favorite chore is cleaning the high chair tray.
- My favorite chores are folding laundry and snapping green beans; they can both be done sitting on the couch, watching TV.
- Although I read all types of books, I prefer to read non-fiction books. My most recent favorite are Unbroken and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.
- Given a choice of candy, I will always choose the gummy candy. Sour gummy worms? Yes please.
- I can play the piano by sight reading music, but not by ear. (Elliott can play by ear though, so we make a good pair.)
Every time I read an US Weekly (yes, it’s my guilty pleasure) I always read the piece where celebrities tell “Things You Don’t Know About Me.” I have always thought “how do they just come up with these things?” I am sure I have odd quirks but when put on the spot to come up with them, I blank. So, in honor of my birthday and just for the fun of it, I started writing them down to see how many funny things I could come up with. Some of you may know them, some of you may not. Enjoy!
Written by Sarah Kay on Sunday, April 22, 2012