It’s A Girl!

We went for our 20 week ultrasound the middle of April and were able to get a much anticipated peak at our newest baby.  And our luck is holding (if you want to think of it that way) – baby #4 is another girl!  She wasn’t shy at all in proclaiming her gender; in fact as soon as the ultrasound technician placed the wand on my belly I saw the money shot.  I called out “That’s a girl!”, Elliott responded “What?  Where?”.  I have seen enough of those little girl shots to know what they look like to know without being told.  The tech immediately backed up my claims and assured us that is was indeed a girl.

We are beyond excited!  We have plenty of little girl toys, clothes, bedding, etc. to see us through.  And we continue a popular trend amongst all my family.  Both of my siblings are having baby girls this year, bringing the Johnson count to 6 girls and 1 boy, while on the Kay side this will make the 9th little girl grandbaby in a row (12 grandkids total).  All 9 of those little Kay granddaughters will be within 5 years of each other, setting the stage for some fun family get-togethers.

Baby Girl is looking healthy and measuring about a week ahead of my scheduled August 30 due date (completely normal for me).  Elliott and I are still batting around names and coming to no conclusions.  Ava insists that we name the baby “Elizabeth” so we are thinking of making that her middle name.  Stay tuned!

img019
img005

No comments: