Piper’s First Birthday

Piper turned one on Friday August 13.  Smack dab in the middle of packing and moving.  So what made the most sense?  To throw her a party of course!  Ha ha ha! 

081082
We enjoyed being able to see our friends and family for a last hurrah before we moved and Piper really enjoyed all of the fuss.  She got lots new outfits and shoes (birthdays are when I do buy my girls something brand new, and Christmas-time too) from mom and dad, grandma and grandpa and friends, and a couple of awesome toys: an air-ball-popper and a large activity cube complete with maze on top.  To be honest, her sisters love the toys as much as Piper does!  Grandma and Grandpa Kay also got her a pair of “Squeaky Shoes.”  They are supposed to help little ones learn to walk on their whole foot, which makes the shoes squeak, rather than on their toes only.  Piper thinks they are the most fantastic invention and continually giggles to herself as she cruises the house.  I like them because I always know where she is, kind of like putting a bell on your pet.  Ha ha!

093100
I can’t believe my baby is one already.  She is such a little girl these days and I am blessed to have this time with her.  I can’t wait for the next year!

114

PS – I tried to get a “messy face, first birthday cake” picture to share with you but apparently Piper is a very neat little girl.  This is the best I could get.

No comments: