On Vacation

Just a quick note to let you know that we are here in gorgeous Park City, Utah. The fresh mountain air, nightly cool breezes, and amazing greenery has been such a change of pace from the Vegas heat that the girls and I are in heaven. I will post all about our trip when we return, sometime next week (the exact date is open-ended to allow for maximum fun).

I will give a quick brag here about my girls, who were the best, bestest, BEST travelers up to Utah. For the first 2 1/2 hours (Las Vegas to Cedar City, UT) Ava and I just talked (seriously!) and she told me all about her activities in the back seat, while Lily slept. Just outside of Cedar City Lily woke up, just in time to go to my friend Marlo's and hang out for a couple of hours. There I fed Lily and Ava ran around, played in the splash pool and swingset. We got back in the car for our second half of the trip, where Lily fell promptly back asleep and Ava protested for only a little bit before she fell asleep too. When Ava woke up an hour later I put on an Elmo DVD on the portable player I had rigged in the back seat for her. We got to Provo just in time for Lily to wake up and and the Elmo DVD ran out just as we pulled in Grammy and Papa's driveway (!). YEAH! Easy peasy!

No comments: