Works For Me Wednesday: The Five-Ingredients-Or-Less Edition

I have been inspired, thanks to Rocks in My Dryer, to start posting Works For Me Wednesday, as I love reading all of the other really great ideas shared each week (she has to cut it off at 300!). Even if I don't get to post on Rocks in My Dryer, I thought I would pass along my WFMW tips to my own readers.



This week we have been encouraged to share our simplest recipes so we can get the heck out of the kitchen. Immediately I thought of my go-to for biscuits/shortbread/shortcake, Easy Biscuit Squares. It only takes 3 ingredients:

1 c. yellow cake mix
3 c. Bisquick
3/4 c. water

Mix ingredients together in bowl. Turn onto floured surface and knead a few times until dough comes together. Shape and put into 8x8 pan. Score the top to make 9 squares. Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 min. or until golden brown. Break biscuits apart at score marks.

No comments: