{Homeschool} Valentine’s Party

My friend Kelli had the great idea to throw a Valentine’s party for our homeschool friends.  One the myths about homeschoolers is lack of socialization, but I am here to tell you – when do we not socialize?  But organizing a party is a bit more work.  Kelli took the reigns, but my place is larger so I offered to host.  We worked together to come up with some activities we thought the kids would have fun with.

Of course though I had to start my kids day off right – heart pancakes with homemade strawberry syrup.

097

For the party, I rearranged our living space in an effort to create as open a space as possible. 

070071
I decorated a little bit:

Hearts above and in the entertainment center,

072
Chalkboard art,

073
and a Valentine’s banner.  Nothing too much.

074
We had about 17 children at the party (including mine).  We exchanged homemade Valentines, made Valentine’s crafts,

075
guessed how many candy hearts were in the container,

076
played a heart matching game,

079
and of course had lots of yummy treats!

082


The kids had a great time getting together with all of their friends!

No comments: