Utah Symphony Outing

On December 22 the Utah Symphony produced a concert geared toward families and children called “Here Comes Santa Claus.”  When I heard about it I was so excited!  What a perfect opportunity to celebrate the season and expose the girls to live orchestral music with classics they understand.  And a fun excuse to dress up in their precious fancy dresses.  Grandma and Grandpa Kay came with us too (but I didn’t get any good photos with all of us; you can barely see them seated next to Elliott in the pictures.)

001003005
For the most part I was highly impressed with the girls’ behavior (considering Emma was part of the mix).  Their favorite song was the Sleighing Song, which the audience was invited to participate by jingling their keys.  And every time Santa came out on stage Emma would scream “Santa!” (which was super cute!)  Overall, I would’ve liked the songs to include more Christmas classics, but the performance leaned towards Christmas selections from other countries so we didn’t know as many songs as I expected we would.

PicMonkey Collage007-1012
I can’t leave you without a beautiful shot of the Dale Chihuly glass sculpture inside Abravanel Hall.  Breathtakingly spectacular!

023

No comments: