A Friend's Gift

My dear friend Lisa and I just couldn't wait to exchange little gifts and show off our latest craftiness, so we jumped the gun at the first of the month. And I have been enjoying my gift ever since! You will have to read about it over on her blog because I am still in awe over the thoughtfulness and brilliance of it!

And in case you are curious, I gave her a homemade gift too:

I found this image on a free stock phot site and then used Picasa to add the Bible verse in a font I liked. Then I turned it into a photo card (taking advantage of one of the numerous thrifty Christmas offers running around the Internet) leaving plenty of blank space for her to write a note of encouragement or friendship to somebody. I love how they turned out and think I will have to order some for myself when another deal comes along.

2 comments:

Holly Lahrman said...

I love this idea, Sarah!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I am so happy you like the magnets!! I love my notecards. You are so clever to come up with the idea. I never would have thought of putting all the elements together.
Your new candy cane background is so cute!