WFMW: Dip for Kids

Ava is on a kick right now where she must put dip on everything, and I do mean everything - the other day she was trying to dip individual pieces of rice. Now, I admit that the level of fun my kids can have is sometimes directly related to the level of work it creates in my laundry room, so I am not a fan of ketchup. And I am not too thrilled about using Ranch dressing at every meal because it isn't that nutrious. So this past week I created our own Ranch dip, using plain yogurt and Hidden Valley seasoning. It is a HIT! I even think it is super yummy, plus Ava is getting some hidden calcium at every meal. Win-win.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I really like that tip! I will definitely use that when I have kids, in fact, maybe I'll try it on my dip-loving husband. It's either ranch, sour cream or salsa on everything, no matter what it is. Hmm...tasty tip :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. This is Tracy :)

Jennifer B said...

Very cool idea!!

Donna said...

My kids love dips too!
I love yogurt as a base for most of them! Yummy!

Have U ever made a fruit dip by mixing equal parts of plain yogurt with peanut butter? My kiddies love that with apple and pear slices:-)

Totallyscrappy said...

Kids will dip just about anything, won't they?

Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

my two year old is a dipper too. check out hummus as a dip. it's flavorful and full of protein!

Thanks for the idea!

Aubrey said...

I just made this great veggie dip I've been taking to work in my lunch. It's like hummus, but made instead with cannellini beans, ginger, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon and a little bit of olive oil, mixed in the food processor. It is super tasty, and has lots of fiber.